• 1Search for courses by Study Area, Level and Location
  • 2We deliver you all the matched results
  • 3Choose one or more course providers to contact you
Industry

Distance from location (kms)

Exact 5 10 25 50

18

March

Chapter Lead/team Lead, Payroll

ANZ - Melbourne, VIC

Any Industry
Source: uWorkin

JOB DESCRIPTION

  • Payroll leadership role
  • Guide, grow, and develop a team of payroll officers
  • Contribute your payroll knowledge & expertise

Are you a payroll leader with a flair for developing the team? ANZ are currently seeking an experienced payroll leader looking for a great company culture within the banking industry. The role is based in Melbourne, supporting Payroll Officers across a number of locations processing payroll for more than 40,000 employees.

About The Role

Role Location- Melbourne (Docklands) - Initially working from home if required to do so by ANZ and local COVID restrictions

Role Type- Permanent; Full-time

Working Hours- Monday to Friday

The Chapter Lead/Team Lead for Payroll is responsible for leading a team by guiding them on 'how' to work and their professional development. They are responsible for building payroll capability and supporting the growth and development of the team.

Responsibilities include but are not limited to-
  • You will bring strong payroll knowledge and expertise, especially in the terminations space, and then develop this expertise and capability in your wider team members.
  • Along with other payroll leaders, you will care for, and nurture the growth of your team members to ensure they are inspired by a sense of purpose and are continually building their mastery and autonomy.
  • Have regular check-ins with the team, and document professional growth and development in the relevant HR systems
  • Your capacity will be split 40/60, whereby 40% of your time will be spent on leading the team members and the remaining 60% will be spent working as a senior team member on payroll specific initiatives


About You

To be successful in this role, you will ideally bring the following-
  • Strong Payroll Leadership and exposure to a large Payroll
  • Knowledge and understanding of Australian and/or NZ payroll legislation
  • Exceptional interpersonal skills, including the ability to inspire, mentor, coach and develop others
  • Ability to quickly grasp new content and the ability to translate this to your Chapter
  • Well-developed time management, accuracy and prioritisation skills
  • Proven analytical skills and are a data-driven decision maker


About ANZ

At ANZ, everything we do boils down to ‘why’ - our purpose - to shape a world where people and communities thrive. We're just as focused on seeing our people thrive as well as our customers. We'll give you every opportunity to develop your career.

We are responding faster to changing customer requirements, focusing on the things that matter the most, energising our people, eliminating waste and reducing bureaucracy.

A happy workplace is a thriving one. So in order to attract and keep the best talent, and say thanks for the hard work, we make sure all our employees are rewarded.

We work flexibly at ANZ and encourage you to talk to us about how this role can be flexible for you and any adjustments you may require to our recruitment process or the role itself. If you are a candidate with a disability, let us know how we can provide you with additional support.

To find out more about working at ANZ or to view other opportunities visit www.anz.com/careers. You may apply for this role by visiting ANZ Careers and search for reference number Taleo Job Code (AUS127732).